Life Brings Change is proud to work with The Verge as they embark upon their 2010 Biggest Loser Campaign. We kick off this Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 9am. This 5 month campaign ends May 22nd. I am especially happy to join this campaign to shed the 20 lbs I gained in 2009.

Join me on this journey and tune in to this blog daily for tips to keep you motivated, recipes, and updates on my healthy weight loss.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can someone turn the heat on?

OMG! It’s cold out there. As you make your way through the day and heading into the weekend, remember to stay focused and eat healthy. If you’re like me, it’s harder to think healthy when it’s cold outside. In this weather, foods I like to eat are soups and pastas. They are filling to me, and most of all, they are hot! I usually opt for a vegetarian soup of some kind, such as minestrone. When it comes to pasta, try your spinach, whole wheat or whole grain pastas with a marinara sauce.

It’s equally important to drink plenty of water when the temperatures drop like they have. These frigid temps and winds can wreak havoc on us. Water will help your skin, scalp, and nails stay moisturized. If you drink coffee and hot tea, look for decaf.

***Due to the possibility of more precipitation, tonight’s workout at The Verge has been cancelled. Don’t let that stop you from working out. Jump online and look for some exercises you can do at home. We’ll meet up at The Verge on the 14th at 5:30pm to get our workouts going.

Trying to stay warm,
~Sonja A. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment