Life Brings Change is proud to work with The Verge as they embark upon their 2010 Biggest Loser Campaign. We kick off this Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 9am. This 5 month campaign ends May 22nd. I am especially happy to join this campaign to shed the 20 lbs I gained in 2009.

Join me on this journey and tune in to this blog daily for tips to keep you motivated, recipes, and updates on my healthy weight loss.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Much too young

I’m heavy hearted as I share with you today. I’m dreading a trip to the hospital. My cousin, only a few years older than me, was admitted over a week ago. She’s diabetic and went to the doctor for a bruise on her foot and a sore under her breast. While at the hospital she began to have chest pains and, as a result, was moved to the 4th floor for cardiac patients. After a few days of monitoring and tests, doctors have discovered that she has an artery that’s about 80% blocked and had 2 previous heart attacks. They also believe the chest pains a few days ago were a 3rd heart attack.

I’m 37 years old. My cousin may be around 40. In my opinion, she’s much too young to have these issues. I share this story with you to help you understand the seriousness of getting your health in order. It is said that women have different symptoms of heart disease and heart attacks than men. Ladies, I implore … PLEASE take care of yourselves. Know your body so that when something seems abnormal you can readily identify it and go see your doctor.

I’ve said it before … We only get ONE body. Our Daddy in heaven has blessed us and given us these temples. It’s up to us to take care of them and make sure we are doing the right things. We must be good stewards of these temples. Getting healthy will give us the energy and stamina to get more involved in ministry and the lives of our children. If we don’t take care of ourselves, we won’t be able to take care of others.

Heavy hearted,
~Sonja A. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment